Sunday, June 7, 2009

Seriously, All That Stress Over Nothing?

Well, I had the meeting with Robert the recruiter yesterday and it went so great! I got accepted to the training program, which is an awesome thing in itself but there was one little hang up. One big hang up actually. The price tag on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is about $10,000. I have never even seen that much money, let alone have it sitting around in my pocket! So, I was about to work out a payment plan with the guy until he told me that all of the money needs to be paid up before I start the program. All that stress I've been going through over the last few days about when to go and whether or not to finish my A.A. first wasn't even worth it. The decision was made for me. I can't go until I raise the money. The Airline Academy is a three-part program. The first part is an Internet independent study program with twelve lessons. The next part is three weeks training in the Daytona Beach Airport in Florida. The last part is Flight Attendant Boot Camp at JetBlue University in Orlando, Florida. I can start the Independent Study part without all of the money paid up but I can't go to Florida until everything is paid. Which, with my calculations should be about March of 2011. So ya'll are stuck with me for awhile longer. It kinda works perfectly though. I should finish my A.A. in December of 2010 and then I can start independent study in January with no other school to distract me. In order to do this great plan of mine it means that at least on the school front, I have to "power-through" and get my classes done. I am doing full time classes every semester, including summers, from now until then to get this done. So, my busy lifestyle is now even crazier! I'll try to update this at least once a week but who knows what kind of time I'll have. Something tells me, at least for the foreseeable future, I may become a figment of everyone's imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment