Saturday, June 6, 2009

I Change My Mind Like I Change My Clothes.

So since my last post, I have gotten my grades for last semester. I got 2 B's and a C. Perfect! No summer school! Except...a week later, I decided that I did want to do summer school. I'm now taking 2 4-week communication classes, starting on Monday at Sac City. The reason I changed my mind was actually because of something exceptionally cool that happened two days ago. I got a call from a recruiter of The Airline Academy. I had given my information to several different Airline training programs and this one, based in Daytona Beach, Florida, called me back. They gave me a small interview over the phone and liked me a lot. The recruiter, Robert, is coming to my house tomorrow to give me and my parents a small orientation about their program. Great, right? Well, here's the thing. I could go this January but I'd have to take out a loan from the school to go. I also would only be half done with my AA degree. However, if I go next January I will have saved up much more money and have finished my AA. The problem is that I am ready to go NOW. I want to get out of this area, I want to stretch out and use the world as my backyard. I am emotionally and physically ready to leave home and go on with my life but I am not financially or educationally ready to go. I have literally "decided" one way or the other 20 different times over the last 2 days. How am I expected to survive 500 more days of it? One thing I decided at least was that I might as well take summer school to expedite either option. It is physically impossible for me to make up my mind. Oh well, we'll see if tomorrow's orientation will shed any light on one way or the other.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! that is so cool! you know there's always online schooling. that way you could do the airline thing wherever they take you and still be working towards that AA of yours! i definitly know the feeling or rather the NEED to get out and stretch your legs and see what all is out there waiting for you. my unsolicited (sp?) advice is, take EVERY opportunity that comes your way. you may not get another chance to do the airline thing or it may not last that long. you can always continue your education wherever you are or finally plant your feet down for a while. sometimes the things you do are going to be crazy and not everybody is going to back you up on them. and sometimes they don't always pan out the way you expect, but you never want to end up saying to yourself,"what if?" or "I wish I would have..." either way, whatever you decide, it will be an adventure. don't worry. you'll make it out of rancho soon enough. you can be the crazy jet-setting sister/niece/cousin everyone talks about and that has all the cool and crazy stories! coming from someone who knows...it's kinda cool to be that person sometimes :D

    ReplyDelete